- Handle petty cash account
- Analyse all petty cash payment
- Make cash flow projections of payables carry out monthly bank reconciliations
- Document all payment to ensure that they pass through all the approval processes
- Produce financial reports on a monthly basis for management
- Post all retirements to the finance software of the organisation
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and financial planning for the initiative
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports with accompanying bank documentation and receipts
- Assists in monitoring the budget in accordance with approved work plan activities
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports for staff to monitor and track obligations and expenditures in accordance with the organisation and donors reporting procedures
- Assists in the initiatives treasury functions including relating with banks, managing assets, keeping cheque books and petty cash
- Assists the organisation in in contractual modifications necessary for existing business programmes and develops costing strategy to provide assistance in the preparation of cost proposals
- Assists in the preparation of written and verbal responses to inquiries and request for budgetary information
- Assists in support for fiscal year-end adjustments and other related financial benchmarks
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Superior, Executive Director or Board of Trustees
- Level of Education – Professional (ICAN, or ANAN)
- Significant experience, minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role, providing programmatic leadership in programme activities, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with an international NGO or Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a local international funded NGO
- Excellent in the use of quick books accounting software
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Language Requirements: Spoken English; Written English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise: Good (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
After meeting the above criteria, candidate must obtain reference letter from a member of the Expanded General Purpose Committee (EGPC) of the NSCIA ( https://nscia.com.ng/index.php/governance/gpc) or Chief Imam of a major city in Nigeria or Chief Missioner of a major Islamic Organisation.